Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Rufus's new single - Going To A Town

Going To A Town

I got another update from the prolific Rufus Wainwright news feed (the feed is prolific, not Rufus (but I don’t mean Rufus is not..)) his label is really priming the time for the new album, by releasing a single a month before the actual album? I’ve never heard of any Rufus singles before so I checked again, and turns out this is only the second single. The original page contains no tracklist but there's an iTunes link (no idea what it leads to, I don’t have iTunes..)

I am listening to Rufus’s track-by-track commentary on Want One and Want Two (registration required. I guess diehard admirers should have heard them many times, long ago. Being my usual slow self..) He tells of emotional and/or funny back-stories, and things that I’d never imagine just looking at the lyrics. And he is fabulous hilarious…(ok stop xD)


Want One - cover art Want Two - cover art

Want One (Sept 2003) | Want Two (Nov 2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: if you want to request a re-upload of something already expired, please leave your email address (preferably in the spelled-out form of "abc at xyz dot com" to avoid spambots harvesting it), and we'll try to get back to you asap. =)