Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Ditty Bops

Hmmm, what should I say about the Ditty Bops...um, try, "I ADORE THEM!"? Yes, yes, that sounds about right.. =D

It wouldn't be too exaggerating to say their eponymous first album is one of the most delightful finds of the year for me. It is playful, joyous, wicked, smart, mellow, funny. It's what I'd happily put on on a sunny morning, or a cold rainy afternoon, or jogging to it, or dance a bit. I feel I could listen to it the whole day and indeed I have for a fair bit. These girls are just such fun. =))



Come to think of it, I know but one other girl duo, t.A.T.u., and even that is for all the (old) buzz around the fetishsized image and not the music--which, incidentally, is some pop and probably worth a listen, or so I heard. Oh wait, HOW did I forget Tegan and Sara! Really dig this lovely (real) twin duo from Canada...but that's for another day and I digress too much...and oh, the Ditty girls too have some rather interesting pictures, check them out... and I realize I was just thinking of the European-American scene, I am sure most of us would agree we've more than a fair share of girl duos in Asia, no? OK, end of freewheeling digression..

Some general biography:

The Ditty Bops is a band from Los Angeles, California that play a blend of , , , music, and musical theater. They are headed by Abby DeWald (vocals and acoustic guitar) and Amanda Barrett (vocals, mandolin and dulcimer). They are noted for their excellent harmonies and generally playful style and tempo.

Official site.


Download The Ditty Bops the album here. Link expires one week from now.

Due to chronic laziness I usually do my research as I write along, so I regularly get embarrassed by my outdatedness / shocked / pleasantly surprised. And this piece of old news I just found...well, will complements the above photo link real well, and may I call out to all my dear lesbo friends, it's worth your special attention, *winks*.
----------------
Now playing: The Ditty Bops - Wishful Thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: if you want to request a re-upload of something already expired, please leave your email address (preferably in the spelled-out form of "abc at xyz dot com" to avoid spambots harvesting it), and we'll try to get back to you asap. =)